|EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY WITH ANCHOR|
|POSITION||Project Assistant (Volunteer)|
|DUTY STATION||Pakele, Adjumani District|
|REPORTS TO||Senior Skills Development Officer|
|DURATION||6 months (Renewable)|
Africa Non Profit Chore (ANCHOR) is a non-profit organization registered with the National NGO Bureau in Uganda, empowering under privileged communities to co-exist peacefully, and to create sustainable economic opportunities.
Through funding from GIZ under the RISE Programme, ANCHOR is equipping 600 refugees and host community youth and women in Moyo and Adjumani Districts with Instant and Work-Based Learning Skills to enhance their employability – especially during or after the COVID-19 pandemic, through the Promoting Refugee and Host Community Economic Self-Reliance through Skills (PRESS) Project.
The desired candidate shall be a university graduate in monitoring and evaluation, development, education, social work, or other relevant discipline, able to demonstrate a strong passion and ability to engage constructively with last mile communities in development and self-reliance initiatives. Strong computer literacy (Word processing and Excel or other database management software) and proficiency in the English language are required.
ANCHOR invites applications from suitable candidates to submit typed applications and cover letters with subject reference, “Application for the position of Project Assistant – Adjumani (Volunteer)” to the E-mail address email@example.com before 5 pm on September 29, 2021 (extended). Applications submitted after the deadline or via any other channel will be rejected.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Project Assistant– Adjumani (Volunteer)
- A. Curriculum Enrichment, Certification, and Capacity Building
- Reviewing and enriching training Modules, and Work plans to ensure quality delivery and alignment to market opportunities
- Coordinating refresher trainings for instructors and assessment of trainees
- Providing technical advisory support to private sector training providers
- B. Supervision, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Working in close collaboration with partners to ensure that training activities run smoothly
- Supervising instructors in various training centers to ensure that the training is conducted in line with approved regulator guidelines and ANCHOR goals, objectives, and standards.
- Monitoring and reporting on trainees’ attendance during training activities.
- C. Logistics and Asset Management
- Verifying the quality/ quantity of tools, equipment and materials supplied for the training.
- D. Work-based Placement and Coordination
- Identifying vacancies in the private sector for trainee attachments during Work Based Learning.
- Conducting trainee follow up during Work Based Learning and after graduation in partnership with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for documentation.
- E. Design and Evaluation
- Providing support in conducting surveys and community needs assessments to inform program development of existing, and/or concept development of new, projects.
- F. Monitoring Support Supervision
- Ensuring that implementation of field activities adheres to ANCHOR M&E system
- G. Analysis, Reporting and Accountability
- Providing feedback to the Sr. SDO on project strategies and activities.
- Preparing and submitting timely reports to the Sr. SDO on program intervention.
- Providing information and analysis for quarterly, annual and other reports to the Senior SDO
- Recording, managing and preserving monitoring and evaluation data in a secure and accessible way
- H. Planning and Budgeting
- Assisting in the development of the project work plan and keeping it updated in accordance with project activities and time frames as relevant
- Supporting in the development of project activity work plans and budgets
- I. Proposal Development and Grant Sourcing
- Conducting information research and development of quality project proposals
- Supporting compliance with program donor reporting requirements
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of university degree in social sciences, development, M&E or other related field
- No prior field experience is required for this role. However, the successful candidate shall be able to demonstrate strong interest and ability to work in rural settings. Evidence of past work in hard-to-reach areas, and ability to work well consistently with minimum supervision will be advantageous.
- Proven ICT and analytical skills, especially in the use of Excel or other analytical software is required to enable the accurate and timely reporting of training progress of individual project beneficiaries.
- Ability to function well under work pressure as a productive member of a result oriented team is key.